The aim of the course is to increase the social competence of managers in the field of human resources management and leadership. Tutorials, examples and mutual talks will be transformed to the special position of managers in the education. The content is divided into four parts:
Overall, the course focuses on the psychological aspects of the individual (worker), as well as the personality and activity of manager. Working groups and teams, the management style will be accomplished then with the first part of module with the topic of the work of manager and the role of individuals and groups.
The second part of the course focuses on the sociological concept of the organization, in particular the organizational culture, which is an important tool how to influence the workers, as well as a tool to promote the business strategy of the company.
The third part is devoted to the new approaches in management and specially art of leadership. One part of the course will be given to the new approaches-such as diversity management, issues of power in the organization, the exercise of power and the organizational change. The most modern approaches to the management of the organization will be ensured through the teaching of the selected managerial skills.
The last part is dedicated to the multicultural reality of our societies, where the managers have to understand and manage the differ cultures.
This module accounts for 8 ECTS.
Human Resources Management
- Human resources work opinion development
- Labor market analysis as a prerequisite to HR strategic management
- Personnel planning and formation
- Intellectual capital, its evaluation and management
- HR audit and controlling
- Managing work performance
- International HR management
- HR management in multinational companies
- HR management specifics in small companies
- HR management specifics in public administration and non-profit organizations
Organizational Behaviour and Leadership
- Man and a group in an organization
- Communication in company environment
- Manager and his influence in work process
- Specific managerial applications in organization
- Analysis and expertise
- Manager’s social skills
- Learning, recognition of self and others
- Manager’s communication skills
- Conflict solution and negotiation
- Leading work groups and teams
- Stress Management
- Cross-cultural communication
- Organizational culture of a multinational company
- National culture
- Cultural dimensions, cultural standards.
- Particularities of selected national cultures
- Diversity, multinational teams
Literature and other sources:
BEDRNOVA, E., JAROSOVA, E., NOVY, I. a kolektiv: Manažerská psychologie a sociologie,
Management Press 2012. 616 stran. ISBN 978-80-7261-239-0.
ARMSTRONG, M.: Řízení lidských zdrojů. Nejnovější trendy a postupy. Praha: GRADA, 2007. ISBN 978-80-247-1407-3
NOVY, I., SCHROLL-MACHL, S.: Spolupráce přes hranice kultur, Management Press, Praha 2005