Descriptions of important concepts and practices of modern management. Students will learn how to make use of basic managerial techniques in order to improve their own management effectiveness and the effectiveness of their organizations. The module is accomplished with production cases, quality management, and international management topics.
This module accounts for 6 ECTS.
The module consists of the following courses:
- Foundations of Management
- The Evolution of Management
- Management by Functions
- Planning, Organizing, Leading, Managing Teams
- Managerial Decision Making
- Multinational Management in a Changing World
- Organizational Designs for Multinational Companies
- International Strategic Alliances
- Small Business and International Entrepreneurship
- Leadership and Management Behavior in Multinational Companies
- International Negotiations and Cross-Cultural Communication
- Projection activities
- Management of firm’s activities
- Management of quality, environment, and work safety
- Management of side activities
- Stock maintenance, energetic managing, and administrative activities
Literature and other sources
VEBER, J.: Management, základy, prosperita, globalizace, Management Press, Praha 2007.
HEIZER, J., H., RENDER, B.: Production and Operations Management, Allyn and Bacon, Massachusetts. ISBN 0-205-12717-7 – Chap. 1.